Friday 12 January 2007

The Futuristic Look For Spring

The Futuristic Look. It's happening on all the catwalks. But how do we pull it off? Vogue says..

-Make an entrance in Gareth Pugh's high-shine foil-effect mac
-Avoid a costume drama: pare down in subtle slimline shapes
-Fine layers, like slips and tees, complement strong metallic finishes
-Bold space-age jewellery creates an instant look

Looking in topshop, elements from this are already starting to emerge in many aspects of their clothes. H&M are doing the same. Although the runway shoots make it seem new and surreal, but I am in two minds about whether it will work or not. Will it last the spring? or only a few weeks? maybe even less.

Dolce and Gabbana is the main label for creating this look. Fendi, Gareth Pugh, Hussein Chalayan, and Lanvin also have big impressions to the trend.

2 comments:

Jessica Gottlieb said...

Fuck yeah, now I know what to wear when I clean the dishes!

Katie said...

Thanks for your comment, I'm so glad you enjoy my writing! And your blog is not meaningless info at all...one of my best friends goes to FIT here in NY and she will be the first to tell me or anyone else that fashion is pivotal to life. I don't fully get it but she always makes sure I am in style which I appreciate :)